The drainage system installation experts at Patriot Utility Services have extensive experience setting up systems in Katy, Houston and across the state of Texas. If you have standing water on your property, soil erosion problems, or other drainage needs call (636) 208-0921 or email us requesting a quote for drainage excavation and installation service. We are a service disabled veteran owned small business proudly serving Katy, Houston, Fulshear, DFW, Corpus Christi, and the rest of Texas.
Why Install a Drainage System?
Installing a custom drainage system means you won’t have to worry about road soil erosion or standing water after it rains. Excess runoff water can be incredibly destructive, causing:
- Soil erosion
- structural damage to a building’s foundation
- agricultural land erosion
- unevenly graded land
- roadway soil erosion instability
- sink holes
Damage from Insufficient Drainage
If you don’t have a system in place to carry water away effectively the consequences could be serious. Some of the potentially dangerous effects of insufficient drainage includes flooding, foundation damage, road washout, crop destruction, and other costly property damage can occur.
Preventing highways and roads from soil erosion damage is the responsibility of county, state, and municipal infrastructure organizations. Drainage construction experts help reduce costly soil erosion around roads, highways, and bridges by installing rainwater drainage systems that can handle the volume of rainwater our area is capable of receiving.
Regardless of whether your concerns are with residential, rural, commercial, farm and ranch land, or development property, installing a proper drainage system is critical. We can design a system specifically customized for each unique application, helping prevent the damaging effects possible by just one heavy shower.
At Patriot Utility Services we serve the entire state of Texas including Houston, Katy, Cypress, DFW, Corpus Christi, and surrounding areas. We pride ourselves in excavating, designing, and installing high quality storm drain systems for our valued customers.
Drainage System Installation Services
From residential properties to highway transportation projects, our team has over 50 years of combined experience building and installing custom drainage systems for various applications. residential systems for landscaping irrigation, road irrigation, and farm irrigation drainage systems.
Landscape Drainage Excavation
- Backyard drainage excavation. Ideal for flat yards that need a way to drain standing water, French drains use pipes that slope away from the home so it doesn’t pool around the home. Learn more about our French drain installation services.
- Footing drainage systems: This drainage system utilizes a pipe that is installed along a home’s foundation wall perimeter at the level of the footing. The pipe catches any water that would have seeped through the footing into the home’s basement and foundation, draining it away.
- Grading drainage systems: This simple system involves changing the grading of the land around a home, creating a slope away from the structure that allows water to run off into a storm sewer.
- Plumbing Excavation Service
- Well Drilling & Excavation
- Commercial & Residential Excavation
- Sitework & Earthwork
- Underground Shelter Excavation
Transportation & Road Drainage Systems
- Culverts: In order to protect roads, railroads and other parcels of land from flooding and erosion, a culvert is a type of drainage tunnel that can be dug underneath the road or railroad to allow water to run underneath instead of over.
- Storm drains: Designed to allow for runoff water to drain from impervious surfaces including highways, paved roads, dirt roads, gravel roads, sidewalks, parking lots and other paths, storm drains provide an avenue for rain water to drain into a river, stream or detention pond. Often, storm drains are fed by a system of gutters alongside and beneath roadways.
- Swales and ditches: More common prior to the invention of gutter and storm drain systems, swales and ditches are still used in less-trafficked areas that want to evoke a certain aesthetic.
- Agricultural Farm & Ranch Drainage Systems
Agricultural Farm & Ranch Drainage Systems
- Open drains: These open ditches use the effects of gravity to allow excess surface water to drain from agricultural land and can also help collect and dispose of excess water from underground drainage systems. Open drains are created by either excavating ditches, enlarging existing natural channels, or otherwise shaping the land.
- Underground drains: Often called subsurface drains, closed drains or tile drains, underground drains are aimed at primarily removing excess groundwater beneath the surface of architectural land. These drainage systems are typically used to complement open drains.
Pond Excavation & Drainage Systems
- Detention ponds: A critical flood control feature in arid areas, detention ponds are used to reduce the flow of water and hold excess water for a short period of time, typically after a heavy rainfall or snow melt. Detention ponds are key in protecting urban structures during peak runoff.
Your Texas Drainage Installation Company
Whatever your drainage needs, our trusted local drainage installation teams are equipped to design an effective solution for your drainage problem. To learn more about our drainage system services or to request an estimate, please call us at (636) 208-0921 or fill out a form online to get to request a free quote.